Friday, April 8, 2011

SAVED 69% (82%) @ PUBLIX

I had a really great, yet unusual, trip to Publix this week. I actually considered not going this week, but I was hoping to get the Kibbles & Bits Dog Food that I have a raincheck for. Unfortunately, they were still out. This is what I bought.

1 20 pk Coke (6.49)
1 Nabisco Snack Sack (Free wyb Coke)
8 Whiskas Trays (Free)
2 Starkist Tuna Pouches (38¢)
4 Snickers Easter Eggs (Free + 1.00 overage)
2 CG Eye Shadow (Free + overage:will explain below)
2 Chef Boyardee Pasta ($1)
1 French's Spicy Brown Mustard (Free)
4 Publix Reusable Bags (1.98)(not pictured)

I had intended to only get 1 Publix bag. There was a coupon in Publix's yellow flier for a free bag wyb 2 participating products. In this case, I bought 2 Cover Girl products. However, when I got to the register, my cashier told me that she had a coupon for a free bag wyb 3. So I got 4 and paid for 2. But then, as I was going over my receipt, I realized that I had been charged 3.69 for the eye shadow, but the shelf marker said 2.99. I went to the service desk for a refund of 1.40. Instead I was given back 4.37 (plus tax). When I questioned this, I was reminded of their policy. If an items rings up incorrectly, you get the first one free.
So, this how it breaks down:

Total before sales and coupons was 33.37 plus tax.
The total that I paid was 10.23 plus tax.
I saved 23.14 or 69%.
After the refund of 4.38 my final payment was 5.85, which was less than the price of the Coke.

Follow SavinSource on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment