Wednesday, August 1, 2012

MAKING MONEY AT CVS

I had the most awesome trip to CVS this week than I have had in a very long time. I have not been shopping the deals as much lately, due to other obligations, but decided these were just too good to pass up. But then, when I scanned my card at the coupon printer, I became even more excited.

I wanted to buy some M&M's, but with no coupons or ECB deal to go along with them, I was having a hard time convincing myself that it was alright. I did have a coupon for a free bag of Snack Mix with the purchase of 2 bags of M&M's. So I decided to buy them, and just make the best deal that I could. I had $6 ECBs when I started and was hoping to not have to spend more than $5 OOP after using those.

This is what I bought:
2 Olay Facial Cleansers @ 3.74
   Used $3/2 MQ
2 Olay Body Wash @ 5.99
   Used two MQ Free body wash wyb cleanser
   Used $2 SQ Body Wash
   Used $3/$15 Olay Products SQ
4 Head & Shoulders Hair Care @ 4.99
   Used two BOGO Head & Shoulders (scanned 9.49 each)
   Used two $1 H&S MQ
   Used $4/$20 Beauty Purchase
2 Bags M&M's @ $3
1 Bag M&M Snack Mix @ 3.99
   Used B2G1 M&M Snack Mix (Max. Value 3.49)

As it turned out, I did not use any of my ECBs. I paid just 96¢ OOP and got $5 ECBs back. I also have 19.46 toward the Olay Rebate and am just 11.58 away from a 2nd $5 ECB, as that limit is 2. So, at this point, I have made 4.04 on this trip AND I have my M&M's! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment