Friday, November 13, 2009

MY BEST SHOPPING TRIP THIS WEEK


My best shopping trip this week was also my only shopping trip this week. I stopped into Rite Aid to pick up a few things on Sunday before I went to an engagement that afternoon. I did two very good transactions, but this one was the best, even though I did not get to use my $5 off $25 coupon. I bought:

2 packs Carefree
2 Air Wick I-Motion Starters
1 Herbal Essence Shampoo
1 Herbal Essence Hair Spray

Paid $1.96 + $1.43 tax = $3.39
Full value before sale prices was $36.94
Sale prices before coupons were $20.45
That's a 95% savings from regular price & a 90% savings from sale prices.

The Herbal Essences were BOGO so one of them rang up for 0, bringing my subtotal under $25, so I could not use my $5 off coupon. If I had been thinking clearly, I could have gone back and gotten 2 cans of my favorite hair spray, on sale for $2 each, used the $5 off coupon and paid $1 less! I'll be more careful next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment