Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GOOD DAY AT PUBLIX

I had a great day at Publix. I used 3 rainchecks from last week, and had to pick up 3 more, due to them being out of stock on several items. This is what I bought.


2 3.15lb bags cat food (3.00 w/raincheck)
4 Dozen Eggland's Best Eggs (3.82 w/raincheck)
2 Jolly Time Popcorn (0 w/raincheck)
2 100ct boxes of Splenda (1.85)
2 Yoplait Yo Plus Yogurt (0)
6 Hunts Tomatoes Cans (2.05)
2 Quaker Instant Oatmeal (1.69)
2 Hostess Sweet Sixteen Mini-Donuts (2.99)
1 Mrs. Paul's Fried Clams (2.25)
1 Birdseye Steamfresh Veggies (39¢)
2 Country Crock Spread (39¢)
3 Idahoan Potatoes (1.13)
2 Pts Whole Fruit Sorbet (89¢)

My total before sales and coupons was 68.79.
The total that I spent was 20.35.
I saved 48.44 or 70%.


Besides saving so much money, one of the things I love about shopping this way is that you can try so many different things, at so little cost. In this case, it is the fried clams, which I would not have bought without the $2 Birdseye coupon, and the Whole Fruit Sorbet. Hopefully, we're in for a treat.

UPDATE: While I was reviewing my receipt, I realized that the store savings for my rainchecks were not calculated into my savings. I actually saved 56.64 or 74%.

Follow SavinSource on Facebook or Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Great savings - I love how everyone does, and you really did stretch your $20 far.

    I would like to invite you to link up your savings at the Weekly Savings Linky @ Frugality Is Free , you can win a free ad space too!
    This weekend only: Win 4 Free Target Chips Coupons – 2 winners – Quick giveaway ends Sunday.

    ReplyDelete