Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MY SHOPPPING TRIP 10/20/09



I went shopping yesterday to do my weekly couponing. I decided to give Rite Aid's Single Check Rebates a try. I bought a lot of cold and sinus medicine that were on full rebate. My total was $42.74. I had $11 in store coupons bringing my total down to $31.74. I have already submitted my receipt for my rebates which total $37.94, which is $6.20 more than I spent. There is also a form inside one of the medicines which I will submit for another $6 back. So I've got lip balm, 2 different nasal sprays, 2 boxes of lozenges, sore throat fizzlers, & and a bottle of Tresemme Hair Conditioner which came with a free bottle of shampoo. I will get everything that I paid for it back plus $12.20. That's a great deal!




Next I went to CVS. I bought everything in the picture above for just $6.05. That is 1 Glade Candle, 6 bags of Fun Size Candy Bars, 2 packs of Trident Layers Gum, 1 Bag Tag, 1 large Cadbury Bar, 2 Mounds Pack-a-Snacks, 1 V-O5 Shampoo, 1 Herbal Essence Conditioner, and 1 Herbal Essence Hair Spray. I went in with $5 in ECB's and had $5 in ECB's when I came out. I have stocked up on Chocolate, which is a necessity!




Then it was off to Bi-Lo. I took a picture of what I bought but the battery was almost dead on my phone and the pic did not save. By the time I realized this, I had already put everything up.


My total before savings was $41.10; after savings was $14.26. I bought 2 Hormel Refrigerated Entrees (regular $6.99 each), 4 Green Giant Frozen Veggies, 2 Boxes Cheese Nips, eggs, bread, tuna, Michelina's Dinners, etc.




I'd say that I had a very successful day. I spent a total of $52.05 and I will get $42.94 back in rebates. That means this whole trip cost me $9.11. The total value of what I bought was $123.54 before sale prices, coupons, and rebates. That is a 93 % savings! I love couponing! And I love Chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment