Thursday, October 14, 2010

A GOOD TIME TO HELP


As the holiday season approaches, we will encounter many more opportunities to help those who are less fortunate. I would just like to remind you, that if you are like me, you probably have an abundance of toiletries and non-perishable food items already on hand. This is the perfect time to start gathering your excess to donate to your local food pantry, soup kitchen, shelter, or church. As I do my shopping each week, I realize that I really am not in need of anything. However, many people are, so I grab the deal anyway. That way, I can donate without any added expense to my budget. Please keep this in mind as you check the deals. Many people receive public assistance to purchase food items, but this does not help with the essentials like toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, etc. As we all know from our pre-couponing days, these things can be quite expensive. I can only imagine how hard it could be to supply a family of 4 or 5 with these necessities at regular price if I had no income, or if I had to choose between paying a bill or buying toiletries. Another thing that we may not think about donating is household items like laundry detergent, dish detergent, and other household cleaners.

So, please remeber, when you can get that item for free, or just pennies, if you don't need it, someone else does. DONATE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment