Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BI-LO TRIP 08/02

I picked up a few bargains at Bi-Lo this week. This week was a classic example of why I advise people to clip or save all coupons. A while back I had coupons for 50¢ House Aughtry Breading Products. Now, I nornally use flour and/or corn meal to bread my chicken, etc, before frying, so I really did not think that I would use these coupons. However, Bi-Lo had them BOGO this week, making them just 1.16 each. My 50¢ coupon doubled, and I bought these for just 16¢ a box. I also bought:

I Betty Crocker Warm Delights
1 Orville Redenbacher Popcorn
4 SH Potato Chips
2 Butterball Variety Pack Sandwich Meat
1 64 oz Orange Juice (reduced to 1.50)
1 gallon milk (not in picture)

Total before sale and coupons was 33.43.
Total for this was 12.72.
I saved 20.68, which is a savings of 62%.
The chips were not on special (1.25ea), but I received 10 extra fuel perks for buying them, which will make up for the lack of a sale price. We were about out of chips and I really like this brand.

This trip is also another example of why you should always check your receipt before you leave. The OJ was marked down to 1.50 because there were only a few days before it would expire. When I glanced at my receipt, I saw that it had rung up for 2.88. I took it to the service desk and the manager refunded me 1.38.

No comments:

Post a Comment